Friday, August 14, 2015

Pretty Projects

"To see the Summer Sky
Is Poetry, though never in a book it lie--
True poems flee--"
          ~Emily Dickinson

    I have been busy the last few days doing summer things. A day trip to the lake, picnics in the park, BBQs, and get togethers. August disappears so fast unless you fill it to the brim! I have a couple of projects that I recently finished that I thought I would share today. I love vintage candelabras with their drippy crystals and curvy arms. I think they are the height of romance and glamour. They are harder to find these days! I came across a small one a week ago and decided to transform it. It was small and gold so I pulled it apart and replaced some of the pieces with others that my Mum and I have collected (we both always have little spare pieces, crystals, and bits lying around). With some paint and a prodigious amount of crystals it hardly looks like the same candelabra! I am very happy with it. 
   I made my sister a Fairy Ball Gown for her birthday and she bought the prettiest little shadow box for it. I added a few little flowers to decorate the edges and have photographed the finished result. I love the little dress in the 'frame'. I may have to do something like this for myself!
   My last project is a little vintage wall hook that I found at a recent sale. I have been looking for one for awhile. I added some touches of gold and filled it with some creations of mine, vintage pearls, and lace. I had one of these once before (which I'm sure you've seen here or on pinterest - search Jennelise Wall Hook and you'll find it :) but for some reason I parted with it. I am happy to have another! I hope you enjoy my little 'projects' and are having a wonderful August! 

Before

 After
















5 comments:

  1. You make the most beautiful things! LOVE your artistic eye and talents!

    Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So charming! The diorama if exquisite, what a lovely art form. And, I love what you did with the candle stick, you completely changed it and much for the better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of your projects turned out soooo lovely.....

    Smils~
    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  4. How delightful and pretty!! Love everything
    Blessings
    Jacqui

    ReplyDelete