Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Loving Limoges

   I love everything French including and most especially their beautiful Limoges china. Limoges is actually a city in France where the production of Limoges porcelain became renowned in the 19th century. In the 1860's a company in New York known as Bawo & Dotter imported Limoges porcelain into the USA and later created The Elite Works in Limoges France to decorate porcelain made by other factories. I have many individual pieces lovingly collected over the years but the pictures I wanted to share today are of my Mother's dinner set. It is Elite Works and, as with most of our china, decorated with a pattern of pink roses. It has taken several years to find the pieces in this collection and my family considers it a treasured heirloom.

For more information about Limoges visit this great site:
http://e-limoges.com/













Drawing by Jennelise


No comments:

Post a Comment